American Standard warrants to the original consumer purchaser that it will, at its option, repair or replace this whirlpool or any of its parts that are found by American Standard, in its sole judgment, to be defective under normal residential use and maintenance so long as it is owned by the original consumer purchaser.
To activate this limited warranty, the purchaser must go online to our website at www.americanstandard-us.com/whirlpoolwarranty to register their whirlpool, or the accompanying warranty registration card must be completed and returned to the address on the warranty registration card within thirty (30) days of purchase.
THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE VOID IF THE ACCESS PANEL TO THE WHIRLPOOL IS COVERED IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
This Warranty shall be void if Whirlpool Models 2425L, 7236L, 2771L, 2422LA, and 2422TUB are installed without an American Standard Lifetime™ drain. In no event will American Standard be liable for the cost of repair or replacement of any installation materials including but not limited to tile, marble, etc.
This limited warranty DOES NOT COVER the following:
- Defect or damages arising from shipping, installation, alterations, accidents, abuse, misuse, lack of proper maintenance and cleaning as directed in the Lifetime™ Whirlpool Operating and User Maintenance Instruction Manual and use of other than genuine American Standard replacement parts, in all cases whether caused by a plumbing contractor, service company, the owner or any other person.
- Deterioration through normal wear and tear and the expense of normal maintenance.
- Commercial application.
- Options and accessories. American Standard's limited warranty on these items is one year for parts only and excludes labor. This one year limited warranty covers accessories manufactured by American Standard (e.g. aprons, drains, grab bars, heaters, trim kits) against defects of material or workmanship. Warranty coverage begins on the date the accessory was originally purchased by the owner.
- Shipping cost for returning products for repairs or replacement under the limited warranty and labor or other cost incurred in connection with product removal or installation under this limited warranty.
- ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, OR THE EXTENSION BEYOND THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR AN INTENDED PURPOSE. (Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.)
- Responsibility for compliance with local code requirements. (Since local code requirements vary greatly, distributors, retailers, dealers, installation contractors and users of plumbing products should determine whether there are any code restrictions on the installation or use of a specific product.) This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other statutory rights that vary from state to state or from province to province, in which case this warranty does not affect such statutory rights.
For service under this warranty, it is suggested that a claim be made through the contractor or dealer from or through whom the product was purchased, or that a service request (including a description of the product model and of the defect) be sent to the following address:
WARRANTY CONTACT INFO
For service under these warranties, it is suggested that a claim be made through the contractor or dealer from or through whom the product was purchased, or that a service request (including a description of the product model and of the defect) be sent to the following address:
In the United States:
American Standard Brands
1 Centennial Plaza
Piscataway, New Jersey 08855
Attention: Director of Consumer Affairs
For residents of the United States, warranty information may also be obtained by calling the following toll free number: (800) 442-1902 www.americanstandard.com
AS Canada ULC
5900 Avebury Rd.
Canada L5R 3M3
Toll Free: (800) 387-0369
American Standard B&K Mexico
S. de R.L. de C.V.
Via Morelos #330
Col Santa Clara
Ecatepec 55540 Edo. Mexico
Toll Free: 01-800-839-1200
Return to Warranties