Glossary of Terms

Looking around the American Standard website or at a brochure and see a term you're not familiar with? You'll probably find it here.

Word Search:


A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z - ALL

Inlet Spud: Located on top of the china. It is the connection from the flush valve to feed the water to the urinal or commercial toilet. A water supply tube fits inside the inlet spud, and a compression nut is secured on top to make a watertight connection. An escutcheon covers the compression nut and inlet spud.
Integral: A cast or formed part of a fixture, such as seat or tank.
IPS: Iron Pipe Supply

Back To Top