Learn | Toilets | What is a Toilet Weir

When the toilet is flushed, water fills the toilet bowl and the upward portion of the trapway, the S-shape visibly snaking out the back of most toilets. When water reaches the top of the trapway it reaches a dam called the weir. This dam or toilet weir is specifically designed to create the right water area in the bowl or “water spot.” 

Thirsty for more toilet knowledge? Go back to the toilet knowledge page and learn more.