AS America, Inc. (“American Standard®”) warrants to the original consumer purchaser that it will, at its option, repair or replace any of its plumbing products found by it to be defective under normal use and maintenance within the following periods from date of purchase: electronic components – two (2) years; pump motors – three (3) years; fittings and plumbing – two (2) years; shell – ten(10) years residential; three (3) years commercial. In the event of a limited warranty claim proof of purchase will be required – save sales receipt.
This limited warranty DOES NOT COVER the following:
1. Defects or damage arising from shipping, installation, alterations, accidents, abuse, misuse, lack of proper maintenance and use of other than genuine American Standard replacement parts, in all cases whether caused by a plumbing contractor, service company, the owner or any other person.
2. Deterioration through normal wear and tear.
3. Expense of normal maintenance – periodic replacement of washers, seals, etc. is a normal maintenance requirement.
4. IN NO EVENT WILL AMERICAN STANDARD BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY INSTALLATION MATERIALS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TILES, MARBLE ETC.
5. Postage or shipping costs for returning products for repairs or replacement under this limited warranty and labor or other costs incurred in connection with product removal or installation under this limited warranty.
6. ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, OR THE EXTENSION BEYOND THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED LIMITED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR AN INTENDED PURPOSE. (Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied limited warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.)
7. Responsibility for compliance with local code requirement. (Since code requirements vary greatly, distributors, dealers, installation contractor and users of plumbing products should determine whether there are any code restrictions on the installation or use of a specific product.)
8. If a whirlpool unit is purchased by a dealer and used as a demonstration unit the limited warranty takes effect as soon as the dealer uses the product as a demo. If this demonstration unit is subsequently sold to a customer, the dealer may transfer the remaining period of the limited warranty to the buyer only with American Standard written approval.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other statutory rights that vary from state to state or province to province, in which case this limited warranty does not affect such
WARRANTY CONTACT INFO
For service under these warranties, it is suggested that a claim be made through the contractor or dealer from or through whom the product was purchased, or that a service request (including a description of the product model and of the defect) be sent to the following address:
In the United States:
American Standard Brands™
P.O. Box 6820
Piscataway, New Jersey 08855
Attention: Director of Consumer Affairs
For residents of the United States, warranty information may also be obtained by calling the following toll free number: (800) 442-1902 www.americanstandard.com
AS Canada ULC
5900 Avebury Rd.
Canada L5R 3M3