AS AMERICA, INC. LIMITED WARRANTY FOR PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
AS America, Inc. (“American Standard®”) warrants plumbing parts and accessories (other than those products covered by a specific American Standard warranty, including warranties for specific toilets, tubs, shower doors, and sinks) against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for ONE (1) year from initial purchase. This warranty is provided for the exclusive benefit of the initial owner. This warranty is non-transferable to subsequent purchasers or owners. The sole exception to the non-transferability of this warranty is that if this product is purchased by a plumber, contractor or other service provider, this warranty extends to the first property owner on whose behalf the product was purchased for installation. For this warranty to become effective, the warranty registration process must be completed via the internet or telephone per the warranty registration instructions. This warranty applies only to parts and accessories installed in the United States of America, Canada or Mexico.
If a defect arises and a valid claim is received, American Standard will, at its option, either repair or replace the defective product free of charge. The decision whether to repair or replace is determined by American Standard. Proof of purchase (your original sales receipt) must be provided to American Standard with all warranty claims.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
1. This warranty only applies to products sold after July 1, 2020.
2. This warranty does not cover deterioration through normal wear and tear and the expense of normal maintenance.
3. This warranty does not apply to defects or damage caused by non-genuine American Standard parts, installation error, product abuse, product misuse, improper maintenance, improper care or cleaning, and/or improper repair or installation (whether performed by you, a plumber, a contractor or a service company).
4. Because American Standard cannot control the quality of products sold by unauthorized sellers, this warranty applies only to American Standard products which were purchased from American Standard or an American Standard authorized seller, unless otherwise prohibited by law. American Standard reserves the right to reject warranty claims from purchasers for products purchased from unauthorized sellers, including unauthorized Internet sites.
5. American Standard is not responsible for labor charges and/or damage incurred during installation, repair or replacement.
6. American Standard does not warrant that this product and/or its installation complies with local code requirements. American Standard recommends that you consult with a plumbing contractor about local code requirements.
AMERICAN STANDARD HEREBY EXCLUDES SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR AN INTENDED PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
Obtaining Warranty Service
If you believe that you have a warranty claim, contact American Standard, either through an authorized AS America, Inc. dealer or re-seller, by writing to the addresses below, or visiting the website below:
In the United States
AMERICAN STANDARD BRANDS
One Centennial Avenue
Piscataway, NJ 08855
Attn: Director of Consumer Affairs
For residents of the United States, warranty information may also be obtained by calling the following toll free number:
LIXIL Canada Inc.
5900 Avebury Road
Canada L5R 3M3
Toll Free: (800) 387-0369
American Standard B&K Mexico
S. de R.L. de C.V.
Via Morelos #330
Col. Santa Clara
Ecatepec 55540 Edo. Mexico
Toll Free: 01-800-839-1200
Please be sure to provide all pertinent information regarding your claim, including your sales receipt, a complete description of the problem, the product, model number, color, finish, purchase date, and from whom the product was purchased.
For other information, or to obtain the name and address of the service and repair facility nearest you, call (800) 442-1902 (in the United States); (800) 387-0369 (in Canada) and 01-800-839-1200 (in Mexico).
Effective Date: July 1, 2020