AS AMERICA, INC. LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY FOR SHOWER DOORS
AS America, Inc. (“American Standard®”) warrants to the original non-commercial owner that it will, at its sole option, repair or replace this product or any part of this product, if it confirms that the product is defective in materials or workmanship under normal use and maintenance for as long as the original non-commercial owner owns the product. This warranty is non-transferable to subsequent purchasers or owners. The sole exception to the non-transferability of this warranty is that if this product is purchased by a plumber, contractor or other service provider, this warranty extends to the first property owner on whose behalf the product was purchased for installation.
For this warranty to become effective, the warranty registration process must be completed via the internet or telephone per the warranty registration instructions.
The warranty term for non-commercial owners does not apply to commercial owner installations. Commercial owner installations shall have a warranty of 3 year(s), measured from the date of initial purchase. A “commercial owner installation” includes use of the products in apartments and other rental units, non-residential facilities, hotels, commercial businesses and/or other public accommodations. Except for warranty duration, all other warranty terms apply to commercial owner installations.
This warranty DOES NOT COVER the following:
1. Because American Standard cannot control the quality of products sold by unauthorized sellers, this warranty applies only to American Standard products which were purchased from American Standard or an American Standard authorized seller, unless otherwise prohibited by law. American Standard reserves the right to reject warranty claims from purchasers for products purchased from unauthorized sellers, including unauthorized Internet sites.
2. Defects or damage arising from shipping, installation, alterations, accidents, abuse, misuse, lack of proper maintenance and use of other than genuine American Standard replacement parts, in all cases whether caused by a plumbing contractor, service company, the owner or any other person.
3. Deterioration through normal wear and tear.
4. WATER DAMAGE, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ABUSE OR MISUSE OR FROM FAILURE TO INSTALL OR MAINTAIN THIS PLUMBING PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS FURNISHED BY AS AMERICA, INC.
5. USE OF CLEANING PRODUCTS CONTAINING CALCIUM HYPO CHLORITE (CHLORINE), SCOURING POWDERS OR PADS SHALL NOT BE COVERED.
6. THE USE OF SCENTED CANDLES IN CLOSE PROXIMITY WITH THIS PRODUCT CAN RESULT IN PERMANENT STAINING OF THE FINISH.
7. Expense of normal maintenance.
8. All costs of removal, transportation, labor, reinstallation or other costs including postage and/or shipping costs to obtain warranty service shall be paid by the purchaser.
9. ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PURPOSE INTENDED, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.
10. Responsibility for compliance with local code requirements ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY. (Since local code requirements vary greatly distributors, retailers, dealers, installation contractors and users of plumbing products should determine whether there are any code restrictions on the installation or use of a specific product.)
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
Obtaining Warranty Service
If you believe that you have a warranty claim, contact American Standard, either through an authorized AS America, Inc. dealer or re-seller, by writing to the addresses below, or visiting the website below:
In the United States
AMERICAN STANDARD BRANDS
One Centennial Avenue
Piscataway, NJ 08855
Attn: Director of Consumer Affairs
For residents of the United States, warranty information
may also be obtained by calling the following toll free number:
LIXIL Canada Inc.
5900 Avebury Road
Canada L5R 3M3
Toll Free: (800) 387-0369
American Standard B&K Mexico
S. de R.L. de C.V.
Via Morelos #330
Col. Santa Clara
Ecatepec 55540 Edo. Mexico
Toll Free: 01-800-839-1200
Please be sure to provide all pertinent information regarding your claim, including your sales receipt, a complete description of the problem, the product, model number, color, finish, purchase date, and from whom the product was purchased.
For other information, or to obtain the name and address of the service and repair facility nearest you, call (800) 442-1902 (in the United States); (800) 387-0369 (in Canada) and 01-800-839-1200 (in Mexico).
Effective Date: July 1, 2020