American Standard Brands Social Media Policy
The American Standard social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) pages are a way to interact directly with our fans. Share your personal stories, let us know your opinions, and post your suggestions and thoughts. We want you to feel comfortable interacting with other American Standard fans and be active in the community! These guidelines apply to private messages, as well as public messages.
I. INTERACTION & CONVERSATION
Talk to us, talk to each other! American Standard welcomes and encourages conversation between you, the fans, and our brand. Basically, we want you to engage with us, and each other as if we were at a great party! Our 3 main guiding conversation pillars are:
- Be transparent: Don’t mislead or deceive in your identity
- Be kind: Treat other users on the social networks with respect
- Be truthful: Don’t make false statements or claims
Stay on topic. All conversations & comments made on our social channels should be about our brand, products, or services – a post about your Grandmother’s cat probably doesn’t have anything to do with bathrooms & kitchens! But if it does, please tell us!
Tell us about yourself. Who are you and what do you like about our products (or anything else you think we’d like to hear)? We reserve the right to everything posted on our social channels by us & by our community: all videos, images, and stories. By sharing content (images, videos, stories) on our social networks, users are giving permission to American Standard to possibly repurpose these for future use (PR, marketing, etc.).
We appreciate the support, but be nice. American Standard Warriors (or people who take it upon themselves to defend us) are appreciated, but please don’t engage in any negative behavior, name calling, etc. Your opinion is welcome, but please be respectful of each other!
Inappropriate Comments. Inappropriate comments may be deleted. Users who post inappropriate, negative or profane comments may be blocked. Examples:
Referencing a competitive product in a way that may be defamatory or factually incorrect; or directing business, sales, or relationships to a competitor.
- Post comments & themes that are considered inappropriate:
- Spam/repetitive comments
- Solicitation of any kind
- Personal attacks
- Foul, abusive, obscene, pornographic, or generally offensive language
- Political content
- Public posts containing a user’s private information, such as phone number or address may be hidden or deleted to protect the users’ privacy.
II. CUSTOMER SERVICE
Any customer service questions or product related requests on social media regarding products purchased and used in the USA should be directed to our US Facebook page (please find the links to the Mexico & Canada Facebook pages below). Product or company related questions, inquiries, comments, or concerns will be addressed as quickly as possible, generally within 24 hours, Monday – Friday between the hours of 9AM –5PM EST (excluding holidays).
- Speaking or writing to Customer Service. If you’d like to speak to or write to us about an issue (or a great experience!), here’s the link to our Customer Service department contact information & business hours.
- Please feel free to contact us about a customer service question publicly on one of our social channels, we’ll try and get back to you as quickly as possible, which may include getting in touch with you in another way to facilitate a better experience. In this case, we may ask for your personal phone number or email address to continue the conversation.
- Have a specific product question? Check out our website FAQs, which covers everything from how to clean your whirlpool to warranty information
- Mexico Facebook Page
- Canada Facebook Page
III. PRODUCT IDEAS
We want to hear your ideas! You’re welcome to send in your product insight, ideas and recommendations, but, please, don’t post them publicly on any of our social channels. If we find any ideas there, they won’t be considered. Please mail any product ideas to our Product Innovations Department.
Product Ideas Address:
American Standard Brands
Attn: Legal Department, Product Ideas
1 Centennial Avenue
Piscataway, N.J. 08855
IV. USER PRIVACY
V. COMPANY CONFIDENTIALITY
Please don’t discuss any sensitive company information, legal disputes, or litigation on social media! We appreciate your discretion. Users that violate this term are subject to being blocked from participation.
If you don’t follow these rules and guidelines, or the conversation falls outside of the social media platform’s (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) Terms of Service, unfortunately we’ll have to block you from participating on our social channels. We don’t want that, but we have to protect our other fans, too.
VII. CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Come work with us! American Standard is a great place to work with tons of benefits and opportunities. Career opportunities with American Standard are updated regularly on our website. Join the team!
Website: Career Opportunities