The bowl doesn’t get clean when I flush.
- Before you begin the steps to determine what caused the problem, it is essential that the bowl is clean. This may mean that you have to flush a few times or, if your toilet is completely clogged, you may need to plunge.
Important: Do not continue to the next step until the bowl is clean. If you're having trouble getting the bowl clean, you may need to consult a plumber.
- Open the supply valve all the way.
- Remove the lid from the tank.
- Make sure the refill tube is connected from the water control and inserted into the overflow tube without being kinked or damaged.
- Adjust the water level. It should be no lower than 1/2" below the top of the overflow tube. If it is lower than 1/2", raise the water level by turning the top screw on the water control counterclockwise. (You may need to flush after adjusting the screw to get the water level to rise.)
- Measure 3 arms lengths of toilet paper and put it in the water in the bowl.
- Flush the toilet.
- Does it work?